- 1 12 oz. package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 c brown sugar
- 2 sticks butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 40 Saltine or Graham crackers, or 1 sleeve Keebler Club crackers (I use the
- Coarsely chopped nuts (cashews or peanuts), if desired
- Hershey's Toffee baking pieces, if desired
Instructions for making Toffee Bark Candy:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Line cookie sheet with tin foil, and then mist lightly with cooking
- Line with a single layer of crackers
- Melt butter, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in small sauce pan over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- 5. Bring mixture to a "foamy" boil, stirring constantly for 3 minutes.
- 6. Pour mixture evenly over crackers and bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over the mixture and allow to melt. Spread evenly
(if desired, add chopped nuts and/or toffee baking pieces)
- Refrigerate the Toffee Bark Candy until chocolate is firm.
Love the taste of toffee? Watch the following Nigella Lawson video as she makes Sticky Toffee Sauce - yum!